Late summer/early fall appears to be “big band season” in the northeast. Following the August 5th release of “Around The Horn” came a PBS-TV taping of Michael Feinstein and friends with big band. The very next day featured the Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra performing at Tanglewood. And a few days later, we recorded for 5 days with Maria at Avatar Studios in NYC for her new CD.
The fall brings 3 other big band recording projects – those of Bob Mintzer, Ed Neumeister, and Chris Zuar. Throw in a live performance with the Phil Woods Big Band at the COTA Jazz Festival and that’s a whole lotta big band this season!
Following the CD release last week, the first reviews of “Around The Horn” are starting to surface!
From Dan Bilawsky – All About Jazz:
From Chris Spector – Midwest Record:
From Mark Tucker – Acoustic Music:
From Nicholas Mondello – All About Jazz:
- Recorded the soundtrack for the feature film “Noah”
- Can be heard on the new Phillip Phillips release, “Behind the Light”
- In May, recorded tracks for new upcoming CD’s by James Taylor and Train
- Took part in the American Theatre Wing’s “Tony Awards” at Radio City Music Hall (6/8)
- Played in the house band for the Songwriters Hall of Fame at the NY Marriott Marquis. (6/12)
- Will be joining the faculty at the Manhattan School of Music starting in September